ant-dev mailing list archives

From Suman N <Suma...@curamsoftware.com>
Subject Gertting "Reference <ejb.classpath> not found" while using Ant 1.8 RC1
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:12:17 GMT
Hi,

We are testing the compatibility of our build scripts with Ant 1.8 RC1 and we encounter the
following error when referring a path refid in our script.

D:\CC\suman.n_TI_MAIN_3\TIVOB\build_scripts\test.xml:579: The following error occurred while
executing this line:
D:\CC\suman.n_TI_MAIN_3\TIVOB\build_scripts\test.xml:632: The following error occurred while
executing this line:
D:\CC\suman.n_TI_MAIN_3\TIVOB\build_scripts\test.xml:672: The following error occurred while
executing this line:
D:\CC\suman.n_TI_MAIN_3\TIVOB\build_scripts\test.xml:703: Reference ejb.classpath not found.

We are defining a path element in the 'wlstest' target (Line 573 in attached test.xml)

<target name="wlstest"
          description="Runs in-container tests against WLS and produces a report.">

    <antcall target="clean" inheritAll="false"/>

    <path id="ejb.classpath">
      <pathelement location="${WLS_HOME}/lib/weblogic.jar"/>
    </path>

    <!-- 36877: Must set inheritall to true here, or the test failure override
         does not get propagated and clover fails before producing a report. -->
    <antcall target="wlstest.without.clean" inheritAll="true"/>

  </target>

We refer to this "path" in another part of the build script: (line 719 in the attached test.xml
file)

      <classpath>
        <path refid="junit.common.classpath"/>
        <path refid="ejb.classpath"/>
        <path refid="zos.ejb.classpath"/>
        <path refid="nas.ejb.classpath"/>
        <pathelement path="${jar.wsdl4j}"/>
        <!-- stubs of the beans -->
        <pathelement path="${dir.test.lib}/stubs.jar"/>
      </classpath>

The build script basically tests all the tests which depend on the application server (Oracle
weblogic in this case).
This error does not occur when using Ant 1.7.0 version.
Can  you please let me know what has changed in Ant 1.8 RC1 that is causing the issue. Please
let me know the workaround or fix for this?

Cheers,
Suman.N