ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r903337 - in /ant/core/trunk: WHATSNEW src/script/ant.bat
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:30:44 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2010-01-26, <antoine@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> -set ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS=%1
>> -if ""%1""=="""" goto doneStart
>> -shift
>>

> The code was there to ensure ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS was not empty before
> running
>
> set ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS=%ANT_CMD_LINE_ARGS% %1
>
> (at least that's my interpretation).  Given that it works for you
> without the removed code, could this be something that was introduced
> for Win9x and is no longer required on later versions?

I did not take the time to read the history of ant.bat to figure out the
genesis of what we currently have. Maybe these lines were required for
Win9x. On current Windows versions, evaluating %VARIABLE% when VARIABLE
is not set does not create an error as far as I know. Maybe these lines
were just cruft in any case.
> Do we still support Win9x officially?  [I don't think we ought to.]

We do not support Win9x. [1]
> Stefan

Antoine
[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/platform.html