ant-dev mailing list archives

From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <nospam0...@gmail.com>
Subject ant -u http://somewhere/build.xml
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:46:29 GMT
Hi.

We have a need for ant to be easily able to use a build.xml file
available on a remote server, which means that I would really like to be
able to provide an URL instead of a filename to ant.

I just found that 1.8rc0 has been released, so to check if ant already
can do this I downloaded the svn source for HEAD [1], and had a quick
look at the source for org.apache.tools.ant.Main, where it seems that
all the logic for the build file is File-based, and a quick look at the
developer mailing list and the issues system did not immediately reveal
any discussion on this.

I'd really, really like this to be possible in ant 1.8, hence this
hurried mail, and I'd be happy to help.

What should I do now?

/Thorbjørn

[1] The "ant bootstrap" process fails compiling optional taskdefs for a
plain svn extract.  The installation documents does not mention how to
circumvent this.

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"