ant-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: Java Packaging Tool - one for development and using. The best wish of many developers
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 08:37:35 GMT

Not 100% the same as what you suggest but Groovy's Grape system does some
of what you are asking for. Normally Grapes are used from within scripts,
e.g.:

@Grab('org.apache.ant:ant:1.7.1')
import org.apache.tools.ant.Main
Main.main(['-version'] as String[])

but it also has a commandline interface. Excerpt from doco shown below:

<doco>
Command Line Tools

grape install <groupId> <artifactId> [<version>]

This installs the specified groovy module or maven artifact. If a version is specified that
specific version will be installed, otherwise the most recent version will be used (as if
'*' we passed in).

grape list

Lists locally installed modules (with their full maven name in the case of groovy modules)
and versions.

grape resolve (<groupId> <artifactId> <version>)+

This returns the file locations of the jars representing the artifcats for the specified module(s)
and the respective transitive dependencies.
</doco>

This may not be what you want but might be a useful starting point.

Cheers, Paul.