ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r894462 - in /ant/core/trunk: WHATSNEW docs/manual/CoreTypes/filterchain.html src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/filters/ src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/ src/tests/antunit/filters/append-test.xml
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 21:46:41 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Dominique Devienne <> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Bruce Atherton <> wrote:
>>> While you are undeniably technically right that suffixlines is a better
>>> match with prefixlines, which of the three sounds better and is going to be
>>> clearer to users: appendtolines, suffixlines, or postfix lines.
>> header/footer lines?
>> prolog/epilog lines?
> head/tail lines?
I agree with Bruce that suffixlines is better as a companion to prefixlines.
header/footer and head/tail are "hors sujet" I think Dominique.
The appendtolines filter is appending something to each line rather than
adding lines at the end of a text.

I can live with appendtolines, but would not mind renaming it for the

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message