ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r894462 - in /ant/core/trunk: WHATSNEW docs/manual/CoreTypes/filterchain.html src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/filters/ src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/ src/tests/antunit/filters/append-test.xml
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 19:35:10 GMT
While you are undeniably technically right that suffixlines is a better
match with prefixlines, which of the three sounds better and is going to
be clearer to users: appendtolines, suffixlines, or postfix lines.

If I had to choose one, I'd go with appendtolines, with suffixlines a
close second and postfix lines a distance third. I am used to seeing the
word postfix used in the phrase "postfix notation" or as a replacement
for sendmail and find other uses a bit jarring.

But that's just my opinion.