ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Naming of target-group
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 05:13:53 GMT
On 2009-12-19, Sandu Turcan <idlsoft@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if introducing a new name can be avoided alltogether.
> What if depends="prefix*" meant depends on all targets that start with "prefix"?

> For example:
> <target name="compile" depends="precompile-*">
> </target>

> Wouldn't that achieve the same effect?

It would make things less explicit, in particular on the side of targets
"joining" the depends list; and there could be a risk of joining such a
depends list by accident (i.e. naming your target with a prefix by pure
coincidence).

Apart from that, you are correct.  It would achieve the same goal.

Stefan