ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Naming of target-group
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 15:12:25 GMT
Hi all

I've been responsible for too many bad naming choices to try to come up
with something new here.  I've collected the names that I recall being
proposed, but I may have missed some and the choices may not be good
anyway.

I understand that (2) is very dependent on (1).

(1) What do we want to call the new element that behaves quite a bit
    like a target but has a dependency list that can be extended?

    (a) target-group

    (b) phase

    (c) goal

    (d - z) anything else

(2) What do we want to call the attribute of <target> that is used to
    add a target to a depends-list of (1)?

    (a) group

    (b - z) anything else

Stefan