ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant properties access based Object notation rather than script based
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 17:20:14 GMT
On 2009-12-08, Raja Nagendra Kumar <Nagendra.Raja@tejasoft.com> wrote:

> Stefan, are there any time line for 1.8.. I see many people asking the
> same thing but no clear answer we see.

Like in most open source projects, the answer to any such question is
"when it's done".  In the case of Ant 1.8.0 it looks as if we have one
remaining feature to agree on - so we get it right before it is out in
the wild and needs to be supported in the future.

This shouldnt take too long so I hope we'll be able to start the whole
release procedure which involves quite a bit more than just saying "here
it is" before christmas.

Stefan