ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Propose 1.7.2 Bugfix Release
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 05:00:40 GMT
On 2009-11-25, Adam Batkin <adam@batkin.net> wrote:

> So if people on this list think that 1.8.0 will come out in a
> reasonable timeframe (and/or at least seriously discuss a timeframe so
> that people looking for critical fixes can plan appropriately) then I
> can wait until then.

I hope and believe this is the case.

> Otherwise I'd be interested in branching from 1.7.1, picking a bunch
> of bugs and merging in those patches. I think the criteria for fixes
> would have to be something like:
> - Someone cares enough about the particular issue that they say that
> it should be specifically included

This would probably be the most difficult part.  Wading through the
bugzilla list of fixed issues will take almost as long as creating the
release 8-)

> - Fix is reasonably easy to merge in (i.e. doesn't depend on some
> major structural change for 1.8.0)

Many will have been refactored later.

> - Fix is backwards compatible (except in cases where backwards
> compatible means "totally broken")

There shouldn't be any change in Ant trunk (except for the new
PropertyHelper API) that wouldn't qualify.

Stefan