ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [POLL] target-groups
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:19:55 GMT
before we get carried away with naming discussions ...

Currently I don't feel there is consensus of what we'd like to see with
target-group (if anything at all).  The options I see are

  * have some sort of composite of targets that other targets can add
    themselves to

  * have some special construct that has a depends list similar to
    target.  targets can depend on such a construct and add themselves
    to the depends list (the current code base).

  * allow targets to add themselves to the depends lists of any other
    target

  * allow targets to add themselves to the depends lists of targets that
    in some way mark themselves as being open for such extensions

  * no target-group like construct at all

  * something completely different?

What is your preference?

Stefan