ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Propose 1.7.2 Bugfix Release
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 22:57:05 GMT
Adam Batkin wrote:
> I am sure that other people have their own pet bugs that they
> feel are absolutely critical and should be included too.

Candidates would be from among:

https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?order=Importance&bug_severity=blocker&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=regression&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&bug_severity=trivial&resolution=FIXED&query_format=advanced&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&target_milestone=1.8.0&product=Ant

after filtering out bugs only introduced by changes in dev sources.

I'm not sure backporting bug fixes is worth the effort when there is nothing in particular
holding up a 1.8.0 release that I know of. To quote Stefan from three months ago:

"I really wouldn't want to go through the pain of merging the bug fixes into the 1.7 branch
(I have been willing to do so about a year ago [...] but we have changed too
much in trunk after that)."

Of course if only a handful of "absolutely critical" bugs would be considered for 1.7.2 then
the backporting may not be much work.