ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kantor, H Steve Jr CIV NSWC PC" <harry.kan...@navy.mil>
Subject RE: Feature Request - import task use environment variable
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:26:31 GMT
The idea of the ANT_IMPORT_PATH is to provide a list of possible locations to import a file
from.  Our shop places software either in $HOME/local (if you're compiling from source and
do an "ant install"), $HOME/rpm (if you've installed from an rpm), or / (if installed as root).
 This setup would allow me to set ANT_IMPORT_PATH to "$HOME/local:$HOME/rpm:/" and include
the file with a simple import statement.  I'm looking to place the search paths in a variable
(similar to CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH for g++ compiler) and have the import task use the first found
file.

If I use the current implementation, I'd have to add a number of path elements to the build.xml
file.  I prefer to keep the build.xml file as small and clean as possible, so I'd prefer not
to do this.