ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r880829 - /ant/core/trunk/xdocs/contributors.xml
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 04:51:59 GMT
On 2009-11-16, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote:

> *I* still don't know how to re-generate the site.  :/

The hardest part used to be getting a working Anakia[1] installation.

I see there is a binary release available now, even if the Anakia
homepage says otherwise[2].  I have never tried that but use a checked
out svn tree of the ASF site myself, but let's assume it somehow gives
you a directory of jars in ANAKIA somewhere.

In Ant's top level directory there is a docs.xml build file, run Ant on
it providing the path to ANAKIA as property site.dir (the build file
expects the jars to be in ANAKIA/lib), i.e.

ant -f docs.xml -Dsite.dir=ANAKIA

After that the pages in docs/ should be up-to-date and need to be
committed.

Since I don't remember whether there is a cron job updating the site I
usually log in to people.apache.org and run svn up in
/www/ant.apache.org/ (make sure your umask is 002 before you do that so
the pages remain group writable).

Stefan

[1] http://velocity.apache.org/anakia/releases/anakia-1.0/

[2] http://velocity.apache.org/download.cgi