ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: <autoconf>
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 05:20:20 GMT
On 2009-10-29, <> wrote:

> I have implemented an idea I had for a longer time: tasks pick their
> values for themself from existing properties.  From the Hudson Clover
> plugin I got the idea of using BuildListeners for "AOP" functions and
> tried that.

I like the idea and the general implementation but have a problem with
the name.  When I saw its name I thought you were writing task for the
autotools suite and not a task that would configure other tasks.

Regarding the implementation I wonder whether you couldn't use
IntrospecitionHelper (maybe by opening it up a little) instead of
writing your own reflection logic to determine the possible attributes.
I fear the task's logic is bound to be different from
IntroSpectionHelper in subtle ways which could lead to confusing bugs.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message