ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Propose 1.7.2 Bugfix Release
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 05:10:54 GMT
On 2009-11-23, Jesse Glick <jesse.glick@sun.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure backporting bug fixes is worth the effort when there is
> nothing in particular holding up a 1.8.0 release that I know of.

Time, but that applies to any release.

I am planning to volunteer as release manager for 1.8.0 by the end of
the year - I had hoped to get to it earlier than that but real life got
into the way.

FWIW I wouldn't object a 1.7.2 release but completely lack the time to
support it.

>From my POV the only things missing for a 1.8.0 release are proper
documentation of target-group and better documentation on the include
(and its difference WRT import) task.  No biggies.  I do have some
concerns because of the exec unit tests failures.

Stefan