ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Feature Request - Executor setting though the script
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 09:07:17 GMT
On 2009-11-06, Raja Nagendra Kumar <Nagendra.Raja@tejasoft.com> wrote:

> Your suggestion works.. small change was the name of the attribute was
> classname instead of class

> <typedef name="TejaExecutor"
> 	     classname="com.tejasoft.ant.TejaGlobalExecutor">
> 	<classpath>
> 	    <path refid="cp.teja.ant"/>
> 	</classpath>
>     </typedef>

> <TejaExecutor id="ant.executor"/>

> This takes care of it.

Great.

> Stefan, when we supply it as ANT_ARGS, we used 'ant.executor.class'
> instead of 'ant.executor' .. Not sure why such difference..

ant.executor.class is the name of a property that can be used to specify
the executor implementation - but that approach doesn't give you control
over the classpath.

ant.executor is the name of the reference which holds the current
executor instance.  references and properties are two different concepts
and don't share the same namespace.  You can't define references on the
command line.

> is this approach works with all other ANT_ARGS, such as -listener

in general: no.  I don't think we actually provide a built-in way to
attach build listeners from inside the build file.  But it isn't that
hard to do, the record task or Jan's autoconf work do so, for example.

Stefan