ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: For every usage of Ant class api, different class loader
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 13:29:41 GMT
On 2009-11-05, Raja Nagendra Kumar <> wrote:

> I was waiting for you replies.. all these days.. Thank you for answering
> this..

Unless I'm mistaken there has been less than four hours between your
mail and my response ...

Please understand that I work on open source projects on my free time
like early mornings (when I reponded to your mail) or my lunchbreak
(right now) and that Ant is not the only project I work on.

>> or use the (deprecated) reverseloader attribute of taskdef.

> ok, in this approach, could you pl. let me know how this attribute change
> the class loading.. and its impact with static blocks

Usually when you have a nested classpath Ant will still consult the
system classloader before the classpath you've specified when trying to
load a class (this usually is what you want).  If you set reverseloader
to true it will look into the specified classpath before consulting the
system classloader.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message