ant-dev mailing list archives

From Raja Nagendra Kumar <Nagendra.R...@tejasoft.com>
Subject For every usage of Ant class api, different class loader
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 04:54:01 GMT

Hi,

When we are using Ant.java/class api Is it possible to explicitly set the
new class loader, even if the initial classes existed in system classloader(
i.e though classpath or in ant lib directory.)

The issue we are seeing is when we load our custom tasks though taskdef, new
classloader is being used for every programmatic ant call there fore static
blocks are reinitialised for every sub ant project, however when  when we
put it in lib or in system classpath, distinct classloader is not
used..hence we have issue with some static code :) not being reinitialized.

Once we understand classloder  behaviors in ant based on project vs
subproject and TaskDef classpath way and systemclasspath way, then we could
be more confident to fix the current issue.

Looking for experts help.

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O