ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: doFileOperations() and doResourceOperations in Copy task impl.
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 05:52:04 GMT
On 2009-10-17, Raja Nagendra Kumar <> wrote:

> I see two methods doFileOperations and doResourceOperations copy task.

Like many things that look wierd in Ant this is rooted in backwards
compatibility concerns.  For a long time copy only worked on files and
doFileOperations was where things happened.

Then we added support for arbitrary resources and we moved all handling
of non-file resources to doResourceOperations so that existing
subclasses of copy that don't support non-File resources can still work.

> Our need in looking to this is to customize copy so that every file
> copied would be replaced with all the ant properties in case the file
> has reference to ant properties.

It probably is a lot easier to add a filterchain with an
expandproperties filterreader in a plain copy task instead of writing a
subclass to achieve the same result.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message