ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Promoting compress and props Antlibs out of Sandbox?
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:10:27 GMT

--- On Tue, 9/22/09, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>
> Subject: [POLL] Promoting compress and props Antlibs out of Sandbox?
> To: dev@ant.apache.org
> Date: Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 7:02 AM
> Hi all,
>
> in the meantime I realized that the props Antlib can do all
> the things
> that I intended to do for the String => Resource mapping
> and also
> provides an implementation of what I re-invented with
> ${ant.refid:} so
> I'd love to see it come out of the sandbox and see it
> released
> with/shortly after Ant 1.8.0.

Obviously I'd +1 a release of props as it was my baby and I always hoped it could be released
with 1.8.0.  Even better would be if anybody else could get involved because I'm sure there
are other propertyhelper delegates I haven't thought of that could be useful (or, maybe not).

> The compress Antlib is mostly done and could be released
> together with
> Ant 1.8.0 as well.
>
> In order to get released they will need three PMC +1s just
> like they do
> in order to leave the sandbox in the first place.  Are
> we going to find
> three people who can find time to review releases and maybe
> - but just
> maybe - contribute as well?

I haven't followed the compress antlib, or commons component, really, having felt like I lacked
expertise in the subject area, but I could possibly be guilt-tripped into putting in a little
time to get up to speed, in quid pro quo RE props.  :)

-Matt