ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CreateProcess error=2..... Help needed
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:36:58 GMT
raggy,

this really is a question for the user list, not the mailing list
dealing with the development of Ant.

On 2009-09-16, raggy <thiagu316@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Cannot run program "cvs" (in directory "C:\resource"): CreateProcess
> error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

This always means the same thing.  The executable you try to execute is
not on your PATH.  It really should be in the FAQ by now.

> I know that I need to install a CVS client and configure the path but
> how am I suppose to do that on eclipse???

I don't use Eclipse, so I'm not sure.  But I think that you really only
need to ensure your system environment variable Path contains the
directory that contains cvs.exe after you've installed your client.  It
shouldn't matter whether you use Eclipse or the command line to run Ant
in that case (unless Eclipse fiddles with the enviroment, that is).

Stefan