ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build dependencies and executing independent targets in the same project
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:52:03 GMT
On 2009-09-14, isaacsteele <isaac.steele@zoominfo.com> wrote:

> Apologies about placing it in this question in the wrong forum, should I copy
> the post and re-submit it there?

No, just please remember doing so in the future.

> I'm using subant because it is calling my tests for multiple projects in
> multiple directories:

> <target name="test">
> 	<subant>
> 		<fileset dir="../../" includes="**/build.xml" excludes="**/abc/build.xml,
> **/xyz/build.xml">
> 		<target name="test"/>
> 	</subant>
> </target>

I see.

> If there is a better way to do this (with with the junit task), I'd love to
> use it, but I don't know how at this point.

You could use one big junit task and different batchtests, but that
would probably defeat your subant based build system.

It would probably be a good idea to add an errorProperty attribute to
the <ant> family of tasks so you could specifiy failOnError="false"
errorProperty="tests.failed" and have <fail if="tests.failed"/> after
your target D has finished.

Suddenly we are on-topic for the dev list ;-)

Stefan