ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How about ${fromRefId:some-reference}?
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:04:36 GMT
On 2009-09-04, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> I suggest to add another core PropertyEvaluator that works like the one
> for toString but doesn't invoke toString() on the reference (but leaves
> that to IntrospectionHelper if necessary).

It is in with svn revision 816153

> As usual, I'm unsure about the name of the prefix

Combining Gilles' and Jan's feedback it is ${ant.refid:foo}.

Given that this property evaluator is the very first one added to
PropertyHelper it will be the last one consulted.  This reduces the
possibility of collisions - if anybody used properties with
ant.refid:foo in her build file, this file will work as before with
current trunk.  Only if a build file relied on ${ant.refid:foo} to not
expand to anything and a reference named "foo" exists there will now be
a change of behavior.

Stefan