ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build dependencies and executing independent targets in the same project
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:02:04 GMT
[Isaac, this really is a qiestion for the user list, not the dev list
which is about the development of Ant itself, not developing with Ant.]

On 2009-09-14, isaacsteele <isaac.steele@zoominfo.com> wrote:

> 1) Is this possible--that I execute a target at the end of a build
> regardless of failure?

Not out of the box, no.  There are patches to enable this and I think
I've even seen somebody implement a BuildListener that will invoke a
target in the *finished event (which sounds dangerous given that the
project instance thinks the build is over).

> 2) What should my default target be (if I have two independent targets that
> should be built)?

Probably something like <target name="do-all-of-it" depends="C,D"/>

> 3) I know I could use <failonerror> in subant and then make D dependent on
> C, but then the build isn't marked as failed when finished.

In the part I've snipped, you said C would fail if a test failed.  do
you really need subant at all?  If not, then make <junit> set a property
instead of making the build fail and later use <fail/> if that property
has been set.

Stefan