ant-dev mailing list archives

From isaacsteele <isaac.ste...@zoominfo.com>
Subject build dependencies and executing independent targets in the same project
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:16:50 GMT

I'm relatively new to Ant and have an issue.  I am using cruisecontrol and
ant to build our projects.

I have a build file with targets A, B, C and D.

C is dependent on B and A, likewise B is dependent on A.
D, however, is independent of all of them.

I want to be able to call C (which is my test target), then call D after C
regardless of whether the test target passes or fails.  I'm using <subant>
within C and currently, when a test fails, it exits the build.xml and fails
the build without having run target D.  (And without C being a dependencies
of D, even if it passes, D is not run I'm required to put a default target
in my project.)

So my questions are:
1) Is this possible--that I execute a target at the end of a build
regardless of failure?
2) What should my default target be (if I have two independent targets that
should be built)?
3) I know I could use <failonerror> in subant and then make D dependent on
C, but then the build isn't marked as failed when finished.  (If there is a
way to fail a build with a test error after using <failonerror=false>, then
that might be the easiest thing.)

Thanks for your help.