ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.8.0 Bugzilla Milestone Reached
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 15:02:03 GMT
On 2009-08-20, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Stefan Bodewig<bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>> just noticed that one of my Bugzilla queries, the one which contains all
>> issues marked as FIXED for 1.8.0, has hit the 250 items count.

> Any significant change (new tasks, new behavior, etc...) that warrants
> 1.8.0 or should this be a 1.7.2 instead?

Most of the Bugzilla issues are bug fixes, but there is stuff in trunk
(targetgroup and local properties spring to mind) that warrant 1.8.x
IMHO.

No, I really wouldn't want to go through the pain of merging the bug
fixes into the 1.7 branch (I have been willing to do so about a year ago
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-dev/200810.mbox/%3Cy1ud4hl5mht.fsf@v30161.1blu.de%3E>
but we have changed too much in trunk after that).

Stefan