ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 1.8.0 Bugzilla Milestone Reached
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:46:13 GMT

--- On Thu, 8/20/09, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>
> Subject: Re: 1.8.0 Bugzilla Milestone Reached
> To: dev@ant.apache.org
> Date: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 10:02 AM
> On 2009-08-20, Dominique Devienne
> <ddevienne@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Stefan Bodewig<bodewig@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >> just noticed that one of my Bugzilla queries, the
> one which contains all
> >> issues marked as FIXED for 1.8.0, has hit the 250
> items count.
>
> > Any significant change (new tasks, new behavior,
> etc...) that warrants
> > 1.8.0 or should this be a 1.7.2 instead?
>
> Most of the Bugzilla issues are bug fixes, but there is
> stuff in trunk
> (targetgroup and local properties spring to mind) that
> warrant 1.8.x
> IMHO.

Local properties are just the obvious manifestation of the underlying changes to the whole
PropertyHelper API.  Granted, the previous API was marked as "may change," but a minor revision
change would seem to be the polite thing to do anyway.  :)

-Matt, excited for the new property handling stuff to get into the wild