ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scanning Resource Collections Several Times
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:09:50 GMT
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Dale Anson<danson@grafidog.com> wrote:
> Part of the problem is the way delete is
> implemented in Java itself, that is, a non-empty directory cannot be deleted
> with java.io.File.delete(), so the delete task is required to traverse the
> tree and delete files from the bottom up.

Well, isn't that what the rm -r command does as well anyway?

It just happens to be implemented in a faster manner I think.

Deleting an entire directory w/o any pattern or selector could likely
be implemented in a lighter way by skipping all the extra processing
needed when more granular control over what's to be deleted. Sounds
like the deprecated <deltree> task to me. Don't know why it was
deprecated in fact. --DD