ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: target call info, even when the if condition not met
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2009 17:59:01 GMT
On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Raja Nagendra
Kumar<Nagendra.Raja@tejasoft.com> wrote:
> in such context, I was expecting it show on the console skipping the target
> call copyPrepocessingFiles etc.

There's two parts to a target: its "body", and its dependencies.

A target's if/unless attributes are "evaluated" only after the
target's dependencies are met (they may or may not "run" depending
whether they have been run once already, as dependencies), and
if/unless enable/disable only the "body" of the target. So in a sense,
the target's banner you are complaining about does not precede the
target's body execution, but the evaluation of its dependencies, i.e.
the target's overall evaluation.

I think most people run with the NoBannerBuildLogger which suppresses
banners of targets that don't output anything, and thus don't mind.

I don't think Ant is likely to change in this regard. --DD