ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject pom2ivy and transitive source retrieving
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:24:38 GMT
A point raised by a user of Ivy:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-ivy-user/200908.mbox/%3CA0B0F63671BE56498793255905162B5DB2E223@dc1.fal.local%3E
Which also point to these

The problem is about retrieving transitively sources of some artifact on the
maven repo. Today Ivy is generating things like :
<publications>
    <artifact name="commons-validator" type="jar" ext="jar" conf="master"/>
    <artifact name="commons-validator" type="source" ext="jar" conf="sources"
m:classifier="sources"/>
</publications>

So when resolving the conf "master", we cannot get the sources. IvyDE work
around this by looking to every declared artifact, but with ant we cannot.
Shouldn't we better generate:
<publications>
    <artifact name="commons-validator" type="jar" ext="jar" conf="master"/>
    <artifact name="commons-validator" type="source" ext="jar"
conf="master,sources" m:classifier="sources"/>
</publications>

Is there any reason not to do so ?

Nicolas