ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: ant SSHExec optional task support to shell mode
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 14:25:54 GMT
On 2009-07-08, Kevin Jackson <foamdino@gmail.com> wrote:

> This appeared unexpectedly in my inbox

If that happens to me I (politely - if I have a good day) tell people
to use the official channels.

> - I can look into apply it as a patch and committing it if people
> think it's a good idea.

I'd prefer to see this go through Bugzilla as a real patch first.

Right now there is a bit too much duplication between shellMode() and
commandMode()/executeCommand() for my taste.

The real change (optionally using session.openChannel("shell") instead
of session.openChannel("exec")) looks reasonable.  OTOH I don't know
either JSch's code nor the ssh protocol well enough to really know and
don't know whether we'd need to bump the minial version of JSch
required either.

Stefan