ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we rename the "compress" sandbox Antlib?
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 16:14:39 GMT
Hi,

> I'm planning to create an Antlib based on commons-compress that would
> provide Ant tasks to create/extract cpio and ar archives as well as
> ArchiveFileset subclasses based on them.
>
> The natural name for the Antlib would be "compress" but that name is
> currently taken by the Antlib that runs Javascript compressors.
>
> Can we rename the existing Antlib? If yes, what would be a good name?

I'm happy - compress is a bad name for the js/css compressor that's
there already -I propose to change it to ant-minify.  As this seems to
be what these kind of tools are actually called.

Is anyone else interested in supporting this antlib?  I'm quite keen
for it to graduate as it's in production use at work so getting more
than one committer looking after it would be of benefit for us.

Kev