ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <...@schillbaer.de>
Subject Re: Ant usage
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 21:46:54 GMT
reena321 schrieb:
> Hello all,
>
> I am very much interested in Ant scripting language. I want to automate
> Configuration of my project. like wise
> windows->preferences->java->buildpath-> and set some value there and many
> more of the same kind.

Ant is NO scripting language !! - but you may use several scripting
languages (all those BSF compatible ones, means JRuby, Groovy,
BeanShell, Rhino, Jython ...) within <script> task  as part of your
antscript

You may use ant scripts as external tool builder for your project, see =
http://help.eclipse.org/stable/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/gettingStarted/qs-80_ant.htm

> Can you please give an example in ant to select particular toolbar item from
> eclipse. Or please share some of the good links or book name to achieve the
> above task.

Ant has no access to eclipse toolbars .. etc.
But there's an addon that gives access to the eclipse workspace =
http://ant4eclipse.sourceforge.net/

> inputs are really helpfull.

Hope so ..

Regards, Gilbert