ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Ivy site and old versions
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2009 14:32:44 GMT

Le 16 juil. 09 à 00:14, Nicolas Lalevée a écrit :

> Le 15 juil. 09 à 22:22, Maarten Coene a écrit :
>

>> Excellent idea!
>> I can wait a few days before finalizing the release, but I would
>> like to have it finished before 21/07, do you think this could be
>> possible?
>
> I will probably have time to do it this Friday, or at least
> Saturday. I will keep you posted.
>
> Nicolas

I have updated the build and created the website. I have also updated
the release docs.

Note on the implementation of the generation of the website:
* to make the breadcrumb in the "external" doc I have made the
generate-history-ivy* targets modify the toc.json in the imported svn
tags. So we have to be careful to not commit thoses modification. This
is not optimal but it can be improved later.
* the generate-history targets are always generating everything, they
do not use the uptodate feature. This can be painfull while updatin
the trunk version for instance. This is not a design choice, I just
didn't took time to do it. It can be added later.
* in IvyDE's website there were no printer friendly version of the
documentation. I have enable it but yet the link in the non-html page
are not pointing to the generated book.html. And in the imported tags
we don't have the printer friendly templates. So for now, before I
generated the website I copied manually the one from the root of the
IvyDE website so they can be used by xooki. All of this can be fixed
later I think.

And I have deployed it here (not visible yet as I write this mail):
http://ant.apache.org/ivy-new/
So if everybody is OK with it, the new version could be deployed as
Maarten will have the Ivy release deployed.

And I have found in /www/ant.apache.org : ivy-2.0.0-backup, ivy-rc1-
backup, and ivy.bck. Maarten and Xavier you are holding some write
permission on them, maybe you could cleanup these backup when you will
have some time.

Nicolas