ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unable to exclude .svn in fileset
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 10:13:40 GMT
Hi Bryce,

On 2009-06-05, Johnson, Bryce <Bryce.Johnson@Pearson.com> wrote:

> When doing an ant copy with fileset, the default exclude does not work
> in omitting .svn directories.

It does, really.  I've just committed a testcase for this
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=782943> and it passes
for me on Windows.  The test file itself lives in a svn working copy
so there is a .svn directory as part of the fileset.

> I've even set the exclude tag inside of fileset to do this and still
> does not work.

Then something else must be wrong.

> Internet discussions show that I am not alone in this problem.

Any pointers?

Really there must be some other kind of problem because it generally
works.  Can you provide a build file snippet of a copy task that fails
for you?

Stefan