ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Bryce" <Bryce.John...@Pearson.com>
Subject Unable to exclude .svn in fileset
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:59:20 GMT
Hello,

I've been working under a windows build environment trying to build a
java software product.

When doing an ant copy with fileset, the default exclude does not work
in omitting .svn directories.

Reference:

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/fileset.html

http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/defaultexcludes.html

I've even set the exclude tag inside of fileset to do this and still
does not work.

Internet discussions show that I am not alone in this problem.  Most
people just say to do a svn export to somewhere else to do my build
without the .svn's, which is what I'm going to do.

Is there a bug with fileset and exclude?  Is it a windows file
permission thing between it and svn that we can't get around with ant?
Can the ant documentation be change to reflect that it doesn't work?

Thanks for any advice, info and your work on this project.