ant-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Eigenbrodt <martineigenbr...@googlemail.com>
Subject [IVY] post-install-event
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 05:28:52 GMT
Hello,

I want to implement (and contribute) an event that is triggered after
installing an artifact. I've already looked at the code and think it is
quite easy, but
I have some questions before I start:

1.Would you prefare creating a new PostInstallEvent or should just the
existing EndArtifactPublishEvent (aka "post-publish-artifact")
 be fired?

2. Currently publishing an artifact happens in a resolver transaction. The
post-publish-events are triggered with "success=true" even if
the transaction is aborted later. The same woul be true for an naive
Implementation fireing postPublishEvents. Is that ok?

Best regards

Martin