ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Pawson <>
Subject Re: ant 1.7. Finding undefined variables
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 19:28:06 GMT
2009/5/20 Dominique Devienne <>:
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Dave Pawson <> wrote:
>> I keep changing them which results in undefined variables which ant
>> ignores, spreading odd filenames all over the place.
> What I used to do was use <fail> with a nested condition asserting for
> some properties to be defined were indeed defined. Aborts the builds
> right away if they're missing. That addresses the "Ant ignores
> undefined properties" part. As to your idea, I'm not sure I'm
> following, sorry. --DD

Yes, that's what I generate. Except I run through the properties file
and the build file to ensure I get all the (used) properties!
 As apposed to what I remembered to put in (and didn't change).
That's the problem I was addressing, those changes and the
odd properties I'd forgotten to test using <fail/>

Dave Pawson
Docbook FAQ.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: