ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant 1.7. Finding undefined variables
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 14:51:26 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2009/5/20 Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com>:
>> Yes, that's what I generate. Except I run through the properties file
>> and the build file to ensure I get all the (used) properties!
>>  As apposed to what I remembered to put in (and didn't change).
>> That's the problem I was addressing, those changes and the
>> odd properties I'd forgotten to test using <fail/>
>
> Maybe running in verbose or debug mode and grepping for all property
> convert that into a build similarly to what you did? --DD

A really ruthless trick would be to have a switch to say "halt on an
attempt to resolve an unresolved variable", giving you the trace of
where things were when the situation was reached -or let you provide a
list of unresolved variables to fail on. This would let you track down a
problem without breaking the moment you hit the first echo statement
with any undefined value in the printed message