ant-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Soztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject distribution of ivy with ant
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 14:53:13 GMT
I don't know if it is discussed previously but I was wondering why ivy
is not included in the ant distribution. More and more projects
previously depending on ant start to use ivy, but the build files are
cluttered with ivy-download, check-ivy-antlib, etc. Technically ivy is a
subproject of ant, and it can be used optionally. However if they are
distributed together there will be several benefits:
1. Out-of-the-box support for dependency management for ant
2. Better integration of ivy with ant
3. No more check, download and load ivy targets in build files
4. Lowered entry barrier to using ivy  for existing ant users
5. Exposure of ivy to more users

the only drawback I can think of is the extra ivy jar file in the
distribution.

Is there any plans on the roadmap?

Enis