ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Directory Sync
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 14:53:28 GMT
Hi Patrick

On 2009-03-24, Eger, Patrick <peger@automotive.com> wrote:

Unfortunately the mailing list manager has eaten your attachment.  The
best approach is to open a bugzilla enhancement request and attach it
there.

> Hi, recently was working with some build scripts and found a deficiency
> in the "Sync" task, namely that it cannot actually compare file content
> and instead works strictly off file date.

I'm not sure how your implementation works, are you using arbitrary
selectors or is it hard-coded to use content equality?

> I am submitting for inclusion in core or contrib, or if you'd like
> to refactor and integrate into the existing Sync task (I did not
> look at the code for Sync at all). LMK if any questions, I'm not on
> the list so please CC me.

Why did you chose to start from scratch instead of enhancing the
existing task?  Just curious.

Stefan