ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@sun.com>
Subject Re: IDE's integration with Ant any clues
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:04:05 GMT
Raja Nagendra Kumar wrote:
> does ant have any extra interfaces, which ide vendors could
> use to integrate e.g setting the ant out redirection, query the ant api to
> get the list of targets etc.  In case no, I assume that each IDE vendor must
> be writing their own xml parser to get these details etc.

As the principal author of the Ant integration in NetBeans I can tell you that it parses the
XML file (and imported files) without using any Ant code:

http://hg.netbeans.org/main-silver/raw-file/tip/o.apache.tools.ant.module/src/org/apache/tools/ant/module/api/support/TargetLister.java

(Calling into Ant code merely for browsing would be pose security and reliability issues.)