ant-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: ParallelExecutor
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 21:16:20 GMT

I thought Caveat emptor applies to a purchase transaction?
since we are getting this for free ..we understand any of the implied risk(s)
(in other words we're getting what we paid for)

ThreadSafe from my point of view means there is possibility of simultaneous
access to non-thread safe variables

I would be interested in Ants ability to spawn daemon processes
based on some known <setof> attribute such as priority..

Thanks,
Martin Gainty
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
This message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
we kindly ask you to  please inform the sender. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying
hereof is prohibited. This message serves for information purposes only and shall not have
any legally binding effect. Given that e-mails can easily be subject to manipulation, we can
not accept any liability for the content provided.

> Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:25:28 -0400
> From: phart@courts.state.ny.us
> To: dev@ant.apache.org
> Subject: ParallelExecutor
>
> I have written a simple Executor for ant that automatically parallelizes a build.
> Are people interested in such a thing?
>
> The last time this came up, Alexey Solofnenko was writing it, and he felt the need to
add the ability to prevent some targets from executing simultaneously.  Do others feel that
such a thing would be an important feature for a parallel executor?

> Also, the documentation for <parallel> claims that some of the core java tasks
are not thread safe. In my limited testing I have not found any problems, but does anyone
know of actual problems, or is it just caveat emptor?