ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick O. Hart" <ph...@courts.state.ny.us>
Subject ParallelExecutor
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 20:25:28 GMT
I have written a simple Executor for ant that automatically parallelizes a build.
Are people interested in such a thing?

The last time this came up, Alexey Solofnenko was writing it, and he felt the need to add
the ability to prevent some targets from executing simultaneously.  Do others feel that such
a thing would be an important feature for a parallel executor?

Also, the documentation for <parallel> claims that some of the core java tasks are not
thread safe. In my limited testing I have not found any problems, but does anyone know of
actual problems, or is it just caveat emptor?