ant-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject AW: New Ivy release
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 05:50:41 GMT
>it's time to make a new Ivy release.

>I volunteer to be release manager,

>but we should discuss the following first:
>- what will be the new Ivy version: 2.0.1 or 2.1.0
>- what changes will we include in this new release?
>- will we create a release candidate first?

I would anser the 2nd question first. What are these changes?
Are they 'big' or more a bunch of patches? If you answer the 2nd first,
you can
answer these (additional) questions ...

Also for version schema: is there a guideline in Ivy? Maybe a 'reused'
one from
Eclipse or OSGi?

If you know what changes there are and have a version guideline, it
should be clear
whether 2.0.1 or 2.1.0. Just for PR: a 2.1.0 implies better improvements
and may force
user using that more than a 2.0.1.

A RC version should be done so all could check its content.

>My answers to these questions are:
>- new version: I'd prefer 2.1.0, but I'm ok with 2.0.1 as well
>- what changes: everything that has been committed to trunk
>- release candidate: yes

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message