ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kronus David" <kro...@atlas.cz>
Subject XML validation and JAXP 1.3
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:35:44 GMT
Hi Ant developers,
I have implemented for myself modifications of tasks XMLValidate and SchemaValidate that use
JAXP 1.3 validation techniques, i.e. package javax.xml.validation which is part of standard
JRE since 1.5. The main reason for this was the possibility to use interface LSResourceResolver
to resolve XML schemas using XML Catalog based on the XML namespace that they define (i.e.
in XMLCatalog you specify a mapping from XML namespace to XML schema document and whenever
an element in this namespace is encountered in the XML document being validated, this XML
schema is used for validating this document). I've implemented this in a way that is probably
not compatible with Ant policy, namely that the code has to compile on Java 1.2, or am I wrong?
Anyway, this would need to be somehow finished and before I spend the time to do it I'd like
to ask whether you think this could be useful for inclusion in Ant.
The modification itself is not large, but if I must use only reflection to access non-1.2
classes, it could get messy. So what do you think?
Thanks for your opinions.
David