ant-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject changing Ivy retrieve behaviour
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 17:09:33 GMT

Hi,

I would like to change the Ivy retrieve behaviour regarding conflict handling when multiple
artifacts are retrieved to the same file.
At the moment, Ivy has some kind of retrieve-conflict-manager which selects the "best" artifact,
based on the revision of the conflicting modules.
This doesn't work when multiple artifacts of the same module is retrieved to the same file.
At the moment, this is causing problems with the maven source/javadoc artifacts which are
sometimes retrieved instead of the class-files.

I would like to change this so that Ivy throws an error if multiple different artifacts map
to the same file.
Any objections?

Maarten