ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r743910 - in /ant/core/trunk: WHATSNEW src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Javac.java
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 06:32:50 GMT
On 2009-02-13, Jesse Glick <jesse.glick@sun.com> wrote:

>> should that test better be case-insensitive?

> Should it? I don't know.

The rest of javac's uptodate checks is case-sensitive, so we may
better leave it that way.  Sorry for the confusion.

> To Dominique - yes this should be the equivalent of compiling a
> package-info.java containing only SOURCE annotations using JDK 5.

Do you know whether a Java 1.4 VM will even try to load the class
file under any circumstances (other than some explicit reflection
invocations)?

> It would be good to get feedback on whether this trick works for the
> cases users have brought up and introduces no problems.

At the risk of sounding strange: don't the descriptions in bugzilla
provide enough information to write AntUnit tests?

Stefan