ant-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Should I open a vote ? (Re: svn commit: r740252 - in /ant/ivy/updatesite/trunk/dist: ./ features/ plugins/)
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 20:20:32 GMT
Creating a 2.0.1 release is ok for me. I'm willing to create the release if no-one else volunteers...

I've taken a quick look at the changes in JIRA, I think IVY-970 contains the biggest change,
but I think we can include it in the new release (or is it too risky?)
And maybe we should also try to fix IVY-987 in the 2.0.1 release to improve our maven2 compatibility?

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>
To: Ant Developers List <dev@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 8:53:20 AM
Subject: Re: Should I open a vote ? (Re: svn commit: r740252 - in  /ant/ivy/updatesite/trunk/dist:
./ features/ plugins/)

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2009-02-10, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I'd create a minor version release (2.0.1 or even just 2.0.0.1) - and
>>> vote as on any release.
>> A minor version release of what? Ivy? IvyDE?
>
> Whatever it is that needs its packaging to be changed.
Well, in this case we need a new packaging of Ivy eclipse feature,
which is packaged when we release Ivy, so I guess we need to release
Ivy itself. And if we release a new minor version of Ivy, I think
people would be confused if we do not include some bug fixes which are
currently on trunk. So I think it's a good opportunity to release Ivy
2.0.1, and discuss what we put in this release (what we merge from
trunk to 2.0.x branch).

WDYT?

Xavier

> Stefan